Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Visiting Grandma

We went to visit and help take care of Grandma.  We didn't know that it would be just one week and one day later that she would leave us.
I loaded the kids in the car at 6am and we took off.  The boys were so tired, but excited as usual to go and visit Gram for the day.
When we got there she wasn't doing great but she did want a bagel.  I drove all over the place looking for a bagel for her and I couldn't find one.  It was the weirdest thing.  The boys grandma sat for me, and I was worried that she would need to get up or something so I ran to McDonalds and got her some cinnamon bites.  She loves cinnamon rolls.  She loved them.  She ate so many.  I was so excited!!

After she ate I took her to the bathroom.  I begged her to go outside.  She needed some sun.  The sun just makes you feel better.  She was totally mad about it, but she came out to humor me.
That was the last day we saw her doing fairly well because we left on vacation, but I am glad we had that time with her and were able to talk with her.  The next time we saw her she wasn't talking much or very alert.  I am so grateful for the time that I spent helping her, she was always very grateful for it and loved having the kids around.

0 comments: