Friday, May 11, 2012

Steves cake.

So we decided to make Steve a mtn. dew cake for his birthday.  These cakes are time consumers, so I started the night before to save some time.  I made his mtn. dew flavored cake and got it all shaped and ready to decorate.  Before he got home from work I hid it in the over so that I could decorate it after work the next day.  I didn't think anything of it.  Well the next day at work Coren calls me crying SO SO SO hard that I can't even understand him.  I finally got Makenna on the phone who was crying as well.  Once she calmed down I found out that Coren had decided to make some brownies, and pre-heated the over like the directions said to do.  Once he opened the oven, he saw the cake totally melted and laying in a pile.  He felt terrible.  I told him it was okay and that we could probably fix it.  When I got home and saw it I learned that they was NO fixing that cake.

I hurried and made a boxed cake and did my best to make a can of mtn. dew before Steve could get home from work.  It is sad looking, but a funny story!  happy Birthday STEVE!

0 comments: