Friday, May 11, 2012

Christmas Eve

Ever since I knew that my Mom wouldn't live a long life, I started to dread Christmas time and other holidays.  She always made them so special and I just wasn't sure how it would be without her.  As Christmas Eve started to draw near I got very sad.  We didn't have any family to be around and we kind of felt lost as to what we should do that day.  I tired to go and see my Grandparents but it just didn't work out, becuase they kind of suck! and so we were on our own.  I really wanted to see my Mom, and so the best we could do was the cemetery.  The kids made her some cute little things, and Makenna had come up and brought her something with Travis.  It was so sad being without Kenna for that day.  After the cemetery we went to the temple to see the lights.  It was fun, and something different.  We found the best hot chocolate there, so that helped with the extreme cold.

When we got home some of the neighbors had lined the streets with candles, it looked so cool.  My camera sucks so I couldn't capture it, but it was so nice and really helped me feel happy!  Hopefully next year will be better.  I am grateful for the family that I have, and that I was able to be with, it just felt empty!








0 comments: