Monday, November 30, 2009

Old and in love!

Steve turned 30.  Yes, finally he joins me in old age!  We haven't really hit the rest home stage in our lives, but we are approaching it, quicker than we had hoped.  Still we remain young at heart, and as energetic as you can hope to be in your thirties!  I have hope for us and pray that we still have a few good years left in us!

I surprised Steve with a trip to Vegas.  Just me and him in sin city!  Sinning of course... but hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... right steve?

Now if you didn't know it already, I am pretty famous there in Vegas.  From my dancing days.  Oh wait.  Did I just say that on the family blog?  But really, we arrived at the hotel only to see my name flashing on the sign outside... or on the TV in the room, but whatever.  
We immediatly kicked back and relaxed by the pool.  We had it to ourselves, which was GREAT.  Again, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!  

Steve realized that once you get old you really learn to love your wife.  He spent the weekend totally in love with me.  Probably because I surprised him with a trip to Vegas, or probably because.... well what happens in Vegas...


Then we hit the strip.  Not the strip clubs, the strip.  We walked around all day, broke into the pool at Trump Towers, and saw the sights.  Tourists.

We got this brilliant idea at Trump to take the elevator to the top floor and run down all 60 something flights of stairs.  It was great until we were lost in the stair case (yes, this would only happen to me, but at least I wasn't attacked by anything) and then had to run UP a bunch of stairs to get out.  This is why you should avoid alcohol.  Ha ha ha.  Kidding.  I would hate to ruin my holy image.
I found this tree guy that kind of had a crush on me.  See how he is looking at me?  Creepy!
It was a way fun weekend.  Sadly, we didn't win a jackpot, but then again we never gambled.  It was tons of fun to spend some time together.   Something we don't do very often.  Hope you had a great Birthday Steve!

0 comments: