Thursday, October 13, 2011

Virginia City

Virginia City is an old mining/ghost town outside of Tahoe.  My Dad and Mom went there so we decided to go back and visit.  My Dad's GPS took us on a very long and out of the way ride, and the old man just kept following it.  It was kind of funny actually!  We almost ended up back home ha ha ha.  Once we did arrive we had tons of fun.  The kids were all freaked out about the ghosts, but we didn't see any!  Darn!  We went in all the shops and went and saw all the cool stones and stuff that they had mined there.  It was so cool because they have left the town the way it was.  I could honestly picture cowboys walking all around and shooting at each other and all of that old wild west stuff.  Afterwards we went back to Tahoe and ate a yummy dinner and spent about an hour trying to find this glass elevator that the kids just had to ride on.  We couldn't find it, we searched the whole hotel.  Finally we figured out that it had a seceret entrance and it was for the high rollers.  DUMB-O!  It was a fun day and night!!















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is another picture I have on display life size in my bedroom. I love walking up to him and kissing him in this picture. I always run my tongue around his ear and whisper to him!
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dR8O9jgqdro/TnjEBDD5CBI/AAAAAAAAJrg/KBHWwubR_1U/s0/333.JPG