Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wallpapering nightmare

I found some wallpaper that I was in love with.  I ordered it like 6 months ago, seriously, and it has just been sitting there.  Steve did not want to help me do it.  He made the comment that, "wallpapering is for fat old ladies" and boy oh boy did he learn his lesson.

Wallpapering is FREAKING HARD especailly when you have to match a tricky pattern.  After two minutes he was swearing and freaking out.  I guess he wasn't old and fat enough to handle such a project!

I have a sickness that I have to finsih what I start.  I can't control it but it just eats at me so I have to keep going.  Well we didn't even start until 9pm, which was dumb in itself, but finally at 2am Steve was out cutting a strip and I hear the sound of extreme anger or pain or something.  I just sat there for a second and then I hear him running around.

I went out to see what all of the comotion was about and Steve has this terrible look on his face and he is holding his finger and blood is going everywhere.  To make it worse, he is running around as it is shooting everywhere.  My house looked like a crime scene.  I kept asking what happened and he just kept saying, "I am such a dumb a**" and finally I looked over at the really sharp razor knife he was using and put it all together.

Now let me just say that this man builds things like a pro.  He can build anything NO PROBLEM!  Sadly, he just doesn't have the skills of the fat old ladies and therefore he lost his fingertip.

He would let me see it or anything for about an hour, seriously, and he refused to go to the doctor.  It FINALLY quit bleeding and I was able to see the damage.  He wouldn't look at it.  I played it cool and took a quick photo and told him it was no biggie and that I could bandage it up.  That was another hour process.  This man is a wuss!  But I love him!  Anyways, sadly the wallpaper didn't get finished that night.

I stayed home from church and finsihed up and I have to say that it turned out pretty good.  Could have been better, but pretty good.
The fingertip healed after about a month and it is back to normal.  Steve has banned wallpapering from the house, now he is just doing some trim work for me to finsih the bathroom up.  He is doing it happily and just glad it isn't wallpaper.

0 comments: