Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mr. Fix IT!

So Monday FINALLY came and I ran it to the mechanic right next to our neighborhood. He finally called and said that they couldn't figure it out, but the "code" said it was a spark plug problem, so he wondered ft I might want a tune up cause that could fix it. I was doubtful, but agreed. An hour later he called back and broke the bad news to me. A spark plug had basically blown up or something and was all stripped out, and may had caused engine damage. They didn't even want to touch it there. So I called around and everyone told me to have it towed and it would cost a lot to fix.

So I called Steve who IS NOT... I repeat NOT a mechanic. He sat there for a second, then said, "Yeah, I can fix that." I was freaked out, I admit it. I asked him how he would fix it, since he doesn't even change the oil, and he gave me some speech on how he is good at "rethreading" things. So anyways, I gave in. I decided to trust him. I mean what it the worst that could happen? $$$$

So the next day he comes home from out of town and starts to tear into the car. I come out and he says, "well onto plan B". I was like... "here we go". I smiled and walked back inside.

A while later I come out to find that he has taken the manifold out or something. It didn't sound good, or look good.

I went back inside. About 15 minutes later I go out there and he tells me it is fixed. I was cautiously optimistic! Then he turns the car on (I didn't dare cause I thought it would blow up.. and I told him that) and BAM! It freaking works!!!!! Amazing. I love that man!

The spark plug was kind of blown up. Not good!!!
Since he did such a great job at that, I told him to fix the dent from when I crashed into the garbage can. He read about some technique online. Him and Kenna tried it, but it didn't turn out as great as the motor.
Next I convinced him to buy me a new car. So off we went to the dealership and I drove home in my new 2010 Hyundai Elantra that I still need to take a picture of. BUT... I love it. Great deal, great warranty, and we are both happy!

0 comments: