Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Solitude Lake

We went on a really fun hike up to Solitude Lake. It was a gorgeous day, and we had a really great time.

On the way up Carson got car sick so we had our usual puking session. I have decided that I DEFIANTLY going to have to get the kids on motion sickness medicine for the cruise! Puking is so nasty!!! Glad it is Steve's job to deal with it not mine!
We went with Grandpa Johns and Steve's cousin Cassie's two little kids. My kids loved having some fun new cousins to hang out with!
Once we got to the lake, which I have to say we weren't sure if we would make it due to a bike race going on, we found tons of squirrels eating nuts that someone had left. They would come right up to the kids, it was great!


Coren found a tree to climb as usual. He is my monkey boy!




Me and a couple of the boys ran down the mountain and I think they had fun, I know I did. We waited at the bottom and then found out that Grandpa had fallen, along with Coren a few times. It sounds like we missed out on lots of sadness! Coren survived, and hopefully Grandpa did too!!

It was a great hike and a great day. I think it is so wonderful to get out and enjoy nature in the summer, we live in such an amazing place!

0 comments: