Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

It is already here.  Nearly two years in the making, millions of campain dollars down the drain, and three men and one woman all hoping to be packing their bags and moving into the white house.

Here I sit.  Dressed in cozy fleece attire from head to toe, accessorized with my pink fuzzy slippers.  Lookin' HOT!  Outside the sky is black, and snow is starting to fall to the ground.  Weather such as this does not lift my spirits and neither does the thought of an Obama victory speech.  

My previous pleas to be written in as the candidate of choice are in the back of my mind.  Although I was ready to serve and make the world a better place, I am not even registered to vote.  So who am I kidding?  My real hope for a vote was me, and I messed it up.  2012 is going to be my year.  If any of you were crazy... I mean smart enough to vote for me, Thank You!  It really shows who my true friends are.  A vote for me is a vote against evil, and you did the right thing.

I am going to watch how this thing plays out.  Spend the day hoping for a miracle.  Hoping that at the last minute, in that little voting booth, Americans see the light, and vote RIGHT!  Hey, that just gave me a slogan for 2012...
SEE THE LIGHT, VOTE RIGHT!
BRANDI 2012
If the gloomy day is any indicator, we are in for some dark times ahead.  If this day ends up looking anything like my hair looks right now, we need to prepare for the worst.

So, now I go about my day.  Folding laundry (yes, Steve, I am folding laundry.  Already miracles are happening today) and cleaning the kitchen at least 20 times.  I might choose to shower, and maybe if my mood changes I will put on some jeans and try to look presentable.  I will probably comb my hair, but make-up is a strong MAYBE!  If I do go out, I might make my way to the polls, doing some last minute campaigning, or I might just pass them by and sigh... "Oh to what could have been."

And, for those of you that registered, I am jealous.  Go VOTE!  Go now, hurry, I hear the lines are long.  Dress warm, it is COLD out there!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Register:
http://elections.utah.gov/VoterRegistrationForm.pdf

Don't miss your chance to vote in the next election. It matters too much.

Britta said...

I like your slogan. You just need to change it to Johns 2012. Politicians use their last names. Good luck with your campaign.

Kim said...

Love your campaign slogan!! We drove all the way down town to register at the new house because we missed the deadline to mail it in.