Monday, November 3, 2008

H~A~L~L~O~W~E~E~N

The kids were all so excited for Halloween this year.  Coren spent the entire day in his Halloween costume, and wouldn't take it off.  They were ready to trick or treat at about 4.  We held them off until 6.

The boys both wanted to be Spiderman (actually Coren wanted to be half Giraffe and half Lion, but I talked him into Spiderman, PHEW!).  Kenna wanted to be a scary guy in a mask wearing all black.

Makenna wasn't with us, so I don't have a picture, but I am sure that she looked creepy.  
Coren go
t his pumpkin ready when it was time to head out.  He called it his pumpkin "pot".  He then stuck it on his head and said proudly, "Look, I am a POT HEAD!"2 hours later Danelle "Spidergirl" came over  to go out in search of candy with the boys.  They were still
 out and going strong.  They looked so cute.  I think it is great that she wanted to be Spiderman.

After they got home and ate TONS of candy, Coren and Danelle sat down to talk about their fun night.

We had a great time, and I made my new favorite soup.  It is so good that I have to share the recipe.  Plus, it is SO easy and really healthy.


1 can black beans
1 can corn (drained)
1 cup salsa
1 can chicken (or veggie) broth. (Use less for thicker soup)

Stick it all in the blender and then heat it up.  Add in some cheese, and Mmmmm.  So good!

We had a great Halloween.

1 comments:

Brooke Jesus said...

They look cute. Both your boys are lady lovers! And the soup is good and super easy!