Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lesson from the boys.


It is kind of sad when your kids have a thing or two to teach their Mom.  Tonight while the boys and I were eating dinner we had the following conversation.

Carson:  "Mom do you like the devil?"
Mom:  "No."
Carson:  "Why not?  Jesus does.  The devil does bad things but we should like everyone."
Mom:  "Oh..yeah, that's right.  I guess I do like him, just not the stuff he does."  (Coren gets up from the table and walks away.)
Coren:  "Mom, I have to show you this, he says walking over with his Book of Mormon.  This is Jesus.  I like him.  He made us.  I don't know how do you?"
Mom:  "No, I don't.  I just know he did."
Carson:  "He has a big bucket of stuff and he uses that to make us."
Coren:  "See these are the bad people", he says pointing to some pictures, "but they are all Jesus' brothers.  We are all a family."  
Mom:  (phone rings) "Hi (says the boy) is Makenna there?" "No, but I can have her call you."  "OK tell her Dillan called."  I went into some shock.  Her first boy calling, and then I went back to my kids teaching me some lesson that was years above their heads.
Coren and Carson proceeded to tell me all of these stories about all of the pictures in the front of the book.  They were dead on.  Next Coren said, "Mom, have you read this book?"  I was sitting there wanting to stab myself for the crappy example I am.  "Yes", I lied.  I figured it would be better to lie than to teach my kids that I was a loser and that I hadn't read it.

Seriously, my kids are so smart.  And now we have boys calling.  WHAT A DAY!  What kids!  I have some things to learn.
Makenna returned home and returned Dillan's call.  They spoke for over an hour.  Her reaction when I told her that Dillan had called...(in true Kenna style)...
"Why is he calling?  I dumped him last year!"

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you have some good little missionaries on your hand!

Brad and Marci said...

Situations like that makes me grateful for primary because it teaches the things I am not! I still don't like the Devil! Speaking of Devils, I can't believe boys are calling already! Good luck with that and I'll just be grateful that Cole is only to the point where he notices girls are pretty and doesn't know what to do from there.