Thursday, October 23, 2008

San Francisco...

The rest of the trip!

We arrived at our hotel, and it was a little old, but nice.  I was surprised, because on our last trip to San Francisco our room was crawling with cockroaches.  I was expecting that again.

I was really excited to see that the room had a tub.  I love to soak in the tub the night before a long run.  It relaxes my muscles and my mind.  Imagine my sadness when Steve jumped into the shower, and the tub was clogged with nasty yellow water.  I was looking at it wondering where the bottom of the tub was.  I couldn't find it.  The water got lighter from the soap, but seriously it came out yellow.  It was still in there when we left a few hours later!  Yuck!

We had a great visit to China Town.  We saw the same stuff over and over, and smelt the same strange smell over and over.  We walked and shopped, and left with nothing.
I had to visit the toilet, and we found this thing.  I have no idea what it is, but it had a toilet.  You first have to wait outside while it cleans.  With how long the cleaning takes, you would think that it would actually be clean inside, but no... it stunk, bad!  Once inside this weird machine, and automatic door shuts behind you.  If you choose, you can push a button and get instructions on how to use the toilet.  I didn't know that some people had never used a toilet before.I had Steve come in with me because I was very scared.  It was big inside, and was wet everywhere.  I guess from the cleaning.  It made me dry heave.  You were basically locked inside with a 20 minute time limit.  Unfortunately for some people the door automatically opens after 20 minutes, so if you are sitting there sick, everyone will see you.  I thought that was a great feature.

It had a sink, but no paper towels, and you had to push a button to open the door, which closes really fast behind you.  I almost got locked inside.  If I would have been in there when the cleaning started, it might have ruined my day!
The rest of Fisherman's Wharf was great.  It was our favorite place to hang out. We saw some guy walking down the road with a trench coat on.  He looked like he was maybe homeless, so I didn't think anything of it.  Some girls were following him laughing, and they started to look at me.  Next thing I knew the guy laid down on the sidewalk next to me and as I looked at him I saw that he was wearing nothing under the trench coat.  It was a sight!  WOW!

Luckily the other views were much better.
After the race our good friend Gilda came and got us and took us sightseeing.  The places she took us were some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.
And, it was really fun to see where she lives and hangs out.
We had to do some light walking, which hurt me, but it was well worth every painful step!

We had a great trip and it was so nice to get away for a few days.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just so awesome. Way to go girl!

Anonymous said...

I love San Francisco!! Amy has never been there, and I'd LOVE to take her there sometime soon. I love when there's fog all around the Golden Gate Bridge...Beautiful!! Looks like you guys had fun!!

Kim said...

Just looking at these pics tell me that I need to take a vacation!

Rachel said...

I just had so much fun reading your blog! SanFran looks so amazing! Congrats again on your run! You are my idol! THis will be great to check your blog and I can see what's happening across the street! THanks again for tonight.It was a blast!

Taylor Family said...

Didn't Emily say she had one too? Or was I drunk off the punch? That was a great party!