Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scuba.

I knew that Carson was in the tub.  I went about the 'task' of helping Coren get dressed and choosing the perfect outfit for the day.  After several minutes I started to think that I hadn't heard Carson for a while.  I told Coren to be quite and I listened.  I heard nothing.  No splashing, sounds, or anything.  Very abnormal for Carson who is usually bobbing in and out of the water, flooding the place.  As I listened, my heart sunk and I wondered if he had drowned.  It seemed unlikely, but things were just too still.  It was eerie.

I hurried to the bathroom and as I came around the corner I saw a body floating, lifeless.  I felt sick.

As I got to the tub I noticed a big yellow tube in his mouth, as he laid still with his eyes closed not moving an inch.  I yelled, "CARSON!!!" and he startled and inhaled a huge gulp of water (which almost killed him).  I explained that I thought he was dead, and then apologized for nearly killing him.  He smiled (once the choking stopped) and said, "I was scuba diving."

1 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

I would have died. I am sorry you had to go through that, but atlest he had a good reason. What a funny little kid