Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Almost here

Amazing, how time flies.  It seems very unreal that my marathon is just 5 days away.  At times it seems like it will never get here, and then I wonder if I ever want it to.  How can anyone feel so excited and nervous all at the same time?

Oh, and I got a huge shocker yesterday.  I checked out the course map and SURPRISE... there are some nasty hills.  One sends you up 300 feet in a mile.  The view from the top should be amazing, at least it better.

I have set some goals for myself that I wish I wouldn't have.  Now, it is too late.  I wish that I was not driven by time goals, but simply wanted to finish the race.  My nerves would be doing a lot better.

So, five days left.  One more run to do, then it is off to San Francisco.  Steve's the cheerleader.  Grandma's the babysitter.  Me the runner.

YIKES!  Is this really happening?

3 comments:

Walter Family said...

I think that is so neat that you are doing that. You will do great and it will be a such an amazing feeling afterward!

I wanted to tell you happy late birthday - we were out of town. I hope you had a fun one! Your birthday is the day before Brayden's. :)

Laurie N' Craig said...

Yes.. you did it!!! the hard part is over... if you add up all the miles you did training you have only a small bit of mileage left... have fun.. One thing that youll have during this race that you dont when your training is the adrenaline ... good luck let me know how it went ...

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!! I'm sure you'll do great! Think about how great of an accomplishment it'll be when you are done. Have fun in SF!