Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ford Park


"Vail, maybe the most beautiful place on Earth."  Is that a saying?  Or did I just make that up because it just may be?  While in Vail this last week I took my kids to the most amazing place called Ford Park and Gardens.  It was so awesome and we had the best time.  

They had this really fun kids garden where the kids got to put on little gloves and actually plant some sunflowers.  They thought it was the funnest thing in the world!

They had the most amazing gardens that had cool plants from all over the world.  The kids had fun making a wish in the wishing well.
We came across a nature trail that had all of these cool things to see.  The kids were convinced that this is where the Indians (excuse me, Native Americans) lived.

It had a great park for the kids to run around on.  We spent hours there.  The weather was perfect, so I just enjoyed relaxing and watching them climb and play.




When I think of amazing days that I have spent with my kids, this one is pretty high up there.  You can take your kids to DisneyLand or any other place and have a great time, but sometimes it is so nice to just relax in the park and enjoy the beauty of your surroundings and your cute little kids.

3 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

That looks like a really fun place. I have never heard of it. Where is it?

Brad and Marci said...

Yeah, at Disneyland you spend the whole time running around trying to make it to all the fun rides and making sure everyone is keeping up and stressing out. It does not look like there was any stressing only relaxing and being happy. There is nothing like those great pictures you took either.

How was the relay? I am so excited to be done with this whole pregnancy thing and get back to running. I was right outside the road where you run down North Fork right before you turn onto 4100 North and the park where the band was playing. Yes I was watching and wishing! Is that one of the legs you ran?

Mare said...

What great photos! The planting sounds so awesome - I need to find out more about that. Glad you guys had a great time - sorry we ditched you. Hope to see you out here again sometime.