Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Runaway

Sunday was a bad day for Miss Attitude.  Makenna is now one big ball of raging emotions and the mood swings that she has are intense.  You can't let a smile fool you, because just seconds away is an angry child waiting to throw a nasty look your way and mumble a little something about how it is, "all YOUR fault."  I am not sure how we are going to make it through this.  I know that deep down there is this sweet little girl inside of her that wants to come out and and stay out, but her other personalities just won't have any of that!

Sunday she packed her things.  And I wasn't terribly sad to see her go.  If it wasn't for the boys crying hysterically, it would have been the most peaceful part of my day.

After so much sass that I wanted to have a nervous breakdown, I finally let Makenna know that I didn't like her when she acted this way.  

"You don't love me?  Fine, then maybe I will just leave!!"

"I said I don't like you... but see ya later!"  I yelled back.

She packed a small bag and went and told the boys good-bye.  They lost control, and cried so hard that they could barely breathe!  They begged for me to have mercy on her.  I watched her walk out the door.  After all, I knew she'd be back.  As she left I told her that I wanted her to live here, but not if she was going to act like this.  I said she could come back when she was ready to be a 'normal' functioning part of the family.  

The boys chased her into the front yard.  I sat calmly inside, just clipping some coupons.  Every so often the boys would come in crying and beg me to let her stay.  I finally asked, "hasn't she left yet, what is she doing?"

"Right now she is saying good-bye to the trees!" Carson wept.

Finally, I went out and told her it was time to go.  I watched her walk slowly down the road.  The boys were having convulsions at this point.  So I gave them a speech, calmed them down, and waited.

About 10 minutes later she was still gone.  I was a little shocked.  We left to find her sitting at the end of the street.  I rolled down the window and said nicely, "Can we talk to you?" to which she barked "NO!"  That was it for me.

I got her in the car, let her have it, and gave her the demands.  Can't say it was the proudest day of my life, and I am still not sure if it helped or hurt the situation, but I tried.

Sad thing is that I acted this very way.  Paybacks are a  bitch!

4 comments:

love bug momma said...

I so feel your pain, and am so scared for the teens!

packerfanpearson's said...

Can't you totally see chandlie doing the exact same thing!

Brad and Marci said...

That is too funny! I can say it is funny because I am not there quite yet and because I would have done the same thing as you. Where is that freakin' parenting manual when you need it, oh I remember they DON'T have one. I think you were a champ.

Brooke said...

Ha Ha!!! In the back of my mind, I will always remember you threatening my life as you climbed out the window in the middle of the night... Makenna is funny. Alex once decided to move out, he lasted only a few seconds!