Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a builder!

~ Anniversary gift 2003 ~

Steve is seriously the most talented builder I know (not body builder LOL j/k babe).  He can build anything.  Even if he has never done it before, he just somehow figures it out.  I love that about him.  He has built hundreds of houses and now is starting to build lots of buildings.  I love that he built our house, but I also really love the porch swing he made me.

On our first anniversary he took a bunch of 2X4's cut them down, shaped them, and did whatever builders do and made the a porch swing for our awesome porch.  At that time we lived in a cute little old cottage style home that had a huge porch.  It was just begging for a swing.  I loved it.  Over the years it had gotten pretty weathered, so last week I sanded it down with a belt sander (which was the most powerful thing I have ever seen!  I broke the belt in the first 5 minutes which had Steve laughing pretty hard, followed by the those are expensive so be a little more careful now.  Followed by laughing and "I knew that would happen!") and then stained and put a protectant on it.  I love it!
At the same time, Steve replaced our front door so that our old one could be used for our cold storage.  I am WAY excited about the door.  The windows are really lighting up my life!  No really!  So we now have a nicely matching door and porch swing.  I am in love (with Steve)!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

wow that sure turned out great!! you were working hard on that thing. and it really payed off! Thanks for the new view for us! We enjoy it very much! :) sorry your view is total crap.....

amelia said...

it looks SO good! i love it! great work you guys!