Monday, February 22, 2010

German Pancakes


Carson came home from school today and said:

"MOM, will you PLEASE make me some German Pancakes. I have been thinking about them all day and I just really have to have some. Oh and Mom, will you sign me up for the Olympics. Pretty please??!!??"

I made him his German Pancakes and told him that the Olympics wasn't going to happen, but I thought that the Special Olympics might be a good alternative. I thought I was pretty funny, but he didn't get it. Oh well.

German Pancakes
Heat oven to 450.
In a 9X13 pan melt 5 Tablespoons butter.
While butter is melting whip 6 eggs till lemon colored and add 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Pour egg mixture into the hot pan with melted butter in it. Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs are firm.

This will look crazy, but taste delicious!

We top ours with syrup or powdered sugar. Yummy!

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I love German Pancakes! Maybe I will make some in the morning!

love bug momma said...

yum! thanks!