Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's for dinner?


OK, so if you love Cafe Rio like I do, you will LOVE me tons for passing on these great recipies.

First the meat. This is my favorite meat to do in a Cafe Rio style salad or burrito. And, it is SO easy.

In a crockpot combine:

2-3 chicken breasts or a small pork roast
1 cup of salsa
1 cup of brown sugar

Cook all day until it just falls apart.

Now for the dressing. This is a clone to Cafe Rio. Unlike any I have tasted before.

In a blender combine:

1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
8 oz. can of salsa verde (Green Salsa)
1/2 bunch cilantro ( I use more than what is shown in the picture... I stole that picture from another blog)
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 c. mayo
1/4 c. sour cream
1/8 tsp. hot sauce (I used tabasco)

So what to do with all this.
First go to Costco or somewhere and get the fresh tortillas that you bake at home. Then when it is warm put some shredded cheese on it. Lay it on a plate. Put the meat on it. Add some rice, beans, lettuce, pico, guacamole, and top with shredded tortilla chips if you like them. Then pour on some if the dressing and start loving life.
Or make it into a burrito... whatever, it is good either way~

4 comments:

Clint and Shari said...

Thanks Brandi~ I can't wait to try it out:)

Mare said...

Here's a link http://triedandtruefavoriterecipes.blogspot.com/search?q=Caf%C3%A9+rio
to my cafe rio knock-offs. Fairly similar to yours, but with a slight twist. This is one of my favorite 'guests for dinner' dishes because it is SO easy and yummy!

amelia said...

my mouth is watering! we should make these for a girl's night sometime!

dennisandsong said...

One of our stand-by favorites thanks to you. I am excited to try the dressing!!!