Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beauty Queen

Finally, at age 10 Makenna is starting to be the girly girl she has worked to hard to NOT become.  She has insisted for years that she is a tom boy, and doesn't care about much more than sports.  While this was a little funny, I played along.  And waited.  I knew that it couldn't last forever.

This year she has started to care about clothes (FINALLY!  YEAH!) and just this past while has started to wear perfumes and care about her hair.  She came home Sunday night and pointed out how silky her hair was and explained that she had purchased a new shampoo called Sunsilk.  She explained how it was the greatest thing ever.  As she was telling me this, I couldn't help but noticed that he eyebrows looked strange.  Upon closer examination, I noticed that her eyebrows, what was left of them, were patchy and strange looking.  I asked her what had happened, and she explained that she had cut them with toenail clippers!!!

So needless to say, if you see Makenna around just ignore that.  I have explained that before any changes can be made in the future regarding hair removal, hair coloring or cutting, makeup, and anything else that might be questionable to ask for help!

Kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I remember messing up my eyebrows lots of times growing up. She'll learn!

Hilarie said...

lol...lol....lol.... I am laughing so hard... Sorry, Brandi I just think that is so funny... at least she didnt cut the entire brow off... lol.. still laughing...

Kim said...

TOO FUNNY!! I would have never thought of toenail clippers!!