Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009 has arrived, and let me just say that it arrived in style.  Already, I have a good feeling about this year.

Right now most people are starting their diets, failing their diets, at the gym, eating healthy, being nicer, and doing whatever else people do after setting "New Year Resolutions."  Well, as for me, I have decided that I refuse to resolute!  I decided that I am actually pretty against it and that it is kind of a dumb thing.

Why do we wait until January 1st to make ourselves better and to start doing things that we know we should be doing all along?  Instead of saying, "As on January 1st I am going to start to eat healthier (this is what I said on probably November 1st as I was eating a pan of pumpkin bars, and then continued to pig out for two months... my last two months of food freedom)!"  Wouldn't it make more sense to say, "WOW, I am a P.I.G!  I just ate a whole damn pan of pumpkin bars.  There is nothing good about that.  As of TODAY, I am going to eat healthier!"

So my new thing is this:  I am going to set goals, not resolutions, and not just on the 1st but everyday.  Let's face it, we can't really be perfect for a whole year, or in my case even a whole day, so I think I will re-evaluate my weakness daily and try to fix them. 

Here are my goals for now.  I am hoping to carry them out, but no promises!
Eat healthier.  This family has a sugar addiction (yes, Steve Mtn. Dew is sugar) and so we are going to add some healthy food in with all that crap.  Already Carson is having some noticeable differences and or that I pat myself on the back!  





Not deceive my husband.  OK, so I tore off the part of the mayo label that says it is light, I guess that is kind of deceiving.  Unfortunately I was busted.  In my defense, I bought the light on accident, and when I noticed my mistake, I tried to fix it.  What he doesn't know won't hurt him , right?  P.S. Steve... you had light other times and never noticed, SO THERE!  No more light foods, I GET IT!


Finish the basement.  We are well on our way.  On New Years weekend we completed this lovely cold storage room.  We took a big concrete rectangle and made this masterpiece.  I threw quite the fit when I had to caulk it all (who has to caulk a cold storage?... Oh wait, my husband is a perfectionist NAZI, so I do!) and he made fun of me, and I think even created a little more work for me (that is just a theory) but I did it.  And it looks pretty good.  We haven't done the floor yet, but apparently it isn't "time" for that yet.



Organize, clean, prepare, and do well with a get rich quick scheme.  Those are just a few things that I am throwing around as possible goals.  I am not really ready to commit to anything yet.

Hey, if there is ever an emergency, come over for cereal and Pringles.  We also have a limited supply of green beans and soda.  We only have two rolls of toilet paper, so there will be a ration of 3 squares per person.  Sorry!  Or you could bring your own "BYOTP!"

Oh yeah... Happy New Year!  2009 will be fine!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love the cold storage, but I have to admit, I've never heard of anyone going so far with the cold storage! But it looks great! Much better than grey walls!

Tanya said...

If you really want to deceive Steve, I have a can of light peaches. We all know how much better peach cobbler is with light peaches. heeheehee!