Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sledding.

I admit that when I first saw this gigantic sledding hill I nearly peed my pants.  However, one of my jobs as Mother is to act brave to keep my kids from fear.  To my surprise, they kids all jumped on the sleds and took off.  For a second I thought I was off the hook, that maybe I would indeed live to see another day.  No such luck.  Kenna got me on the back of her sled (yes, the back, the 10 year old was in control... oh wait, there is no control on a sled, which is exactly why I was scared for my life).  I put on my brave face, stalled for a minute by acting like I didn't fit on the sled or that I couldn't figure out where to hold on, and then she figured me out and sent us down the HILL OF DEATH!  I screamed so loud, especially when we started to spin backwards, and especially when it seemed like the hill was ending and we were still going FULL SPEED AHEAD!  But we did it, lived, and did it some more!

Carson found a creative way to get himself down the hill when all of the sleds were in use.  He went fast too!
Kenna took Emily for a ride.  I was VERY happy to see that she was as scared as me, and happy to hear that she screams as loud as me.
I think that Coren's face was frozen.  Doesn't it look that way?  He was so red and cold, but loved it.  He even carried two snowballs all the way up the hill just to throw them at DAD!  It was so cute, and he thought he was the funniest kid ever!
We had a great day sledding.  Too bad you can't sled in July it would be so much warmer!!  I am really proud of all of the daredevils in this family, and even prouder of me:  THE WIMP!

0 comments: