Saturday, May 15, 2010

105 mile bike race!

Steve just completed his first 105 mile bike race. Let me point out that the race was supposed to be 100 miles, but they added an extra 5. Not fun! He did so great. He came flying past us in Centerville at mile 16 in a huge pack! It was so cool because they were going so fast you could just hear them flying by.
(that is him towards the back with his arm up)
We met up with him at lunch. They actually stop and chill out and eat. It was a weird concept for me, but I am sure that it was nice to get off the bike for a while.

Coren got stung by a bee at the playground while we were at lunch. He gets stung by SO many bees. It was sad!


I arrived at the finish line an hour early, making sure I could get a good spot. Anyone who has been to a marathon knows what I am talking about. When I got there, this is what I found. It made me laugh.

While we waited for him to finish, the boys played in a big tree and with a dog they found. Carson didn't want to climb the tree cause he didn't want to get hurt. I gave him a pep talk on how we should try things, and next thing I know he comes over with bark in his eye telling me he NEVER should of climbed the tree. BUT, he went back and climbed it again.
Steve came across the finish line and let me know how he felt. Actually, he felt pretty good considering. We were way proud of him!!!

1 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

Way to go Steve. That is so awesome. What an accomplishment. Poor Coren though. I hate bees.