Monday, June 13, 2011

Anne Frank

This year at school Makenna learned so much about History. She was way into it. She would always come home and say, "you know_____" and I was like, "um no, who is that?" She would get all discusted at my lack of knowledge and teach me all about this person, what they did, and what they are famous for. I learned a lot. Sadly I have forgotten it all once again, but should I have a question I definatly know who to go to. I think Makenna retained every word that she learned about ever person she heard about. She was so into it.

For the end of year they planned a wax museum. The kids all got to choose their favorite person that they learned about. The made themselves look like that person, and then you went up to them and touched them and they did a little skit to teach you about who they were and what they did etc.

Makenna was fascinated by Anne Frank. Steve took some fencing from work up to the school and she made it like her and her little sister were in a concentration camp. They had this huge skit they did, it was pretty amazing! Everyone was really impressed by her backdrop (fence) and she was so happy he brought it for her.

We went up and so did Grandma and Grandpa and we were all really impressed!

There were so many cool people, but I got some pictures of some of her friends.

0 comments: