Sunday, June 5, 2011

Race for the Cure

Each year we look forward to doing The Race for the Cure. Not only is it a great cause and something that is obviously very important to our family, but it so much fun for the kids and they love running the race and enjoying treats at the end!

I have been doing the race for the cure ever since it began, and it is amazing to see how much it grows each year. Hopefully with all of the support, attention, and money raised a cure is in the near future!


This year was a small year for us. My Mom couldn't do the race and my Dad didn't make it either, but we had a good time and Makenna wore her shirt that says Grandma's name on it and that she is still fighting!


One of my favorite things to do during the race is to stop and look at all of the people behind me and all of the people in front of me. It is such a cool sight. It makes the kids realize how many people are really there!

It is even fun to walk around downtown after the race. We never go down there, I am not sure why. The kids think it is fun and ask how it compares to New York. I HAVE to take the kids to New York. It is at the top of my to do list.

0 comments: