Monday, March 30, 2009

Goblin Valley

This weekend we ventured out for our first camping trip of the season.  We ended up in Goblin Valley, a place that we have never been.  It turned out to be one of my favorite desert places to camp.  I am not huge into desert camping, but this place had a lot of fun places to hike and cool things to see.  It was a great place for the kids.

Once we arrived and got unpacked, we went to see the goblins.  They were the cool rock formations, and they actually let you run around and climb on them.  The kids thought it was great.  We explored for a while, and eventually found a cool canyon to climb up.  The kids were pretty impressed with themselves, and had a blast.  

Once we got back to camp we prepared for our first freezing night.  This was the part I was dreading.  We had packed well and were very warm, but our air mattress went flat, so Steve and I slept really bad.  I was just glad that we didn't freeze!!  I do however stick to my theory that camping in March is too soon.  From now on we need to stick with Mid April to May!













4 comments:

Rachel said...

wow you got some awesome pictures!! What a fun trip!

Brad and Marci said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am so bummed to be pregnant during the spring and early summer. I just hope that I recover fast so I can do the fun thing I feel like I am missing out on. Way to be fun parents!

Rosies said...

I love goblin valley! it's so cool!

dennisandsong said...

Goblin Valley is one of my favorite places!!
Looks like you had a great time!!