Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nightstand.

I really wish that I could say that this drawer was one of the kids drawers, but I can't.  One time when Steve and I were dating I was in his room and I looked in his nightstand.  I was shocked because it was full of food.  Crackers, candy, drinks, and tons of stuff.  I asked him what the deal was and he said that they didn't have stuff like that in the house, so if he put it in the cubbord everyone would eat it.  I guess he resorted to being a closet eater and hiding it in his room.  I thought it was the strangest thing.

The first few years we were married I kept the nightstand free of food, but lately, he has started filling it again.  It usually has a bag of peanut M&M's, or some other snack, but the other day I opened it and it was overflowing.  He recently decided to give up Mtn. Dew so that he could be a runner (OK, I decided for him), and now he eats candy and cookies as if they were going out of style.  I guess he needs sugar somehow.

Another thing that made me laugh was the gun.  Yes, this is a toy gun.  It does shoot little bee-bee's, but why keep it next to the bed.  What is he going to do, chase a robber and shoot little bee-bee's at them?  Maybe he is planning to attack me in my sleep.  Who Knows?  I dare him!

 This is the drawer of a child.

8 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I love your random posts. Jake also keeps a gun, oh wait, that would be THREE guns near by our bed. I think he might have a bit of paranoia.

Mama Snow said...

I think there is a couple of things missing from that drawer, although I am not going to say what they are!

Kim said...

Now that's my kind of drawer!! Just hope he's not a sleep-walker with the gun!

Kim said...

Now that's my kind of drawer!! Just hope he's not a sleep-walker with the gun!

The Gorringes said...

Now I know where to come when I need my sugar fix. Thanks for the tip.

Mandy said...

Candy and a gun. What more do you need? If someone messes with your candy, well, they're going to get a bee bee in their rear. Very smart. Happy to see he is giving up his Mtn Dew and becoming a runner. Way to go Steve!

packerfanpearson's said...

carson also has a snack stash, but he needs an armoire, rather than a drawer. First thing every morning the kids get up walk around our bed to see what treat daddy has left out.

Ludwig Family Blog said...

That makes my nighstand drawer look really, really boring. I need a lot more of THAT stuff in there. Yum.