Tuesday, March 31, 2009

THIS IS NOT GOOD.

The trip was great, but there were a few things that happened that were not so good.  In fact one thing that was so bad that I almost cried.

As we headed back towards camp to pack up the wind started to blow like crazy, and when I say crazy I mean 60 mph crazy.  I looked over at the area of our campsite and it was a big dust cloud.  I just imagined what was going on, and it didn't look good.
About that same time Coren started telling me how bad his arm hurt, and I looked back and saw his bruised and scraped arm from when he fell.  It looked sore.  
Carson had already fallen asleep and Kenna looked exhausted.
Then we pulled into camp.  Our tent was blowing so hard that it was nearly flat.  Sand was blowing all around like crazy.  My mind flashed back to when I told Steve I wanted to pack up before the hike, and he said no.  I looked at Steve and he said that he would get out and pack up.  I decided to be nice and help.  As I looked into the tent, I was not at all prepared for what I was about to see.  Sand was everywhere.
The wind was blowing so hard that I had to hold the tent up while Steve tried to roll up sleeping backs and pack up.  Finally, after getting blinded by sand, having my ears and hair full of sand, and watching a tent pole snap, I told Steve that this was not going to work.  I started to throw stuff into the car, and then he followed.  With the help of our friends we got it all taken care of (Kenna even got out and helped) and got in the car to leave.  The car was full of sand.  It was a depressing sight.
When we got home we opened the trunk and saw our big mess.  Then Steve took everything out and cleaned up while I worked on the car.  He even fixed the tent.  Needless to say, we got it taken care of for the most part and had quite the adventure.  

0 comments: