Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting ready.

It's official, Steve and I are running the Salt Lake Half on Saturday. I waited until the last minute to sign up, because I have learned that things happen, and I wanted to make sure.  BUT... it is happening, and I can't wait.  For the first time before a race I am injury free, and stress free.  This is going to be a nice casual run, with no time pressure other than Steve's goal of a 10 minute mile, which he will totally accomplish!  It will be so much fun to run it with him.

Speaking of Steve my new trailer trash husband, he is gearing up to leave me.  Yes, he is going to go and spend some time in a trailer park.  We both decided that it would be good for him and that he would come home appreciating his life here even more.  Yes, I am worried that the toothless women wearing tube tops and cutoff shorts will tempt him, but such is the life of a white trash man.  I have given him strict orders to avoid drinking tons of beer, just to have the joy of smashing the cans on his forehead.  I told him to lock the doors at night, because most abductions seems to happen in trailer parks, and the last thing we need is an Amber Alert issued on his behalf.  I would probably have to act like I don't know him.

He is prepared for the the laid back life.  You see, people don't often care for their lots in a trailer park.  You can litter it up, let the weeds grow... in fact you may as well water the weeds and try to pass them off as plants, that's what the folks there do all the time!  He is in the process of learning tolerance for all kinds of music; country and rap, as well as people singing there own songs while drowning their sorrows at 2am.   Such noise will certainly be followed by all kinds of "Shut Ups" and "Be quiets."  It is so soothing it will likely put him to sleep.

As a favor to him, I have been waking up at various times during the night and beating him with a rusty old pipe.  He is seeming to like it now; so I think I might need to start chasing him around with my sawed off shot gun.  I think the fact that I don't know how to use it will scare him even more!!  We have the cops on speed dial, because he always beats me back.  BUT... when the cops get here I just tell them what a nice guy he is and that I will NOT be pressing charges.  I just feel like I deserve to be hit.  Don't all women??  Plus, I like black eyes, I think they add a certain sense of style, especially on the days I don't do my hair.

So, as sad as I am to see him go, I am equally excited to watch COPS each night and see if I can catch a glimpse of him.  And, when I go to visit, you can be sure that I will be causing some sort of domestic dispute (and yes, blogging about it).  That's just how I roll.