Thursday, April 30, 2009

Puke-a-thon

Just 48 hours prior to Coren standing in the bedroom doorway sick, Carson arrived.  It was 11pm, and Steve and I were watching a movie.

Suddenly we saw Carson standing outside of our door with ramen noodles and chewed up hot dogs handing from his head and arms.  His arms were spread out, and the noodles hung there looking just as they did when I put them in his bowl a few hours earlier.  He was very sad, and in obvious need of help.  I sat there frozen, wanting to help him, but knowing that I wasn't going to.  As usual Steve jumped up and grabbed him, throw up and all and carried him to the tub to start the scrub down.  I sighed, got out of bed, and went to check the damages.  We had just done this a week ago with Makanna, but she made it to the toilet.  I had a bad feeling I wouldn't be so lucky this time.  I was right.

The bed was a mess.  He missed the carpet (every Mom's dream) and left a trail down the tile.  I got to cleaning.  20 hours later, Carson was back to normal. 

11pm last night Coren appeared in our doorway.  Covered in red throw up.  Yes, red.  Turns out he had had some fruit punch before bed.  Unfortunately for me, fruit punch stains.  I had no choice.  I just started to laugh.  I had just finished sanitizing the house and washing everything.  I had two choices, laugh or cry.  As I laughed Steve jumped up, grabbing Coren throw up and all.  I sighed, and headed off to asses the damages.  Laughing all the way.

I have one word for what I saw.  Tornado.  He puked all over the bed, all over Carson who was sound asleep, on the carpet, and then... he hit the bathroom.  By the looks of it, he must have went in the bathroom and just spun around puking.  It was all over.  I have never seen anything like it.  Once we got things cleaned up, Steve and I got in bed with Coren.  Of course he immediately started to puke, missing the bowl, and let's just say hitting everything else.

Every 20 minutes he was up dry heaving, and sometimes managing to get up some fluids.  It was horrible.  At one point he puked on the side of my pillow, it looked pretty watery so I just laid back down exhausted. Seriously, that is one of those really nasty Mom moments, and I am not proud of it, but I am sure that most Mom's have been there.

I was going to talk about how bad I feel for my kids, but honestly I feel worse for myself.  They are both doing fine now, and I am left with more laundry than you can imagine, and a house that needs to be re-sanitized.  Oh, and I guess I should take a shower since I slept in puke.  Seriously, what happened to my pride??  

Maybe we should call this post Mother of the Year.  "Slept in puke all in the name of love."

1 comments:

dennisandsong said...

Yuck!! I am soooo sorry how awful! Those Johns men are good about that thing though huh? I feel bad for you. I am glad you could laugh about it, I would have cried.