Monday, April 27, 2009

The great escape.

Nothing beats a weekend away.  Especially a well needed one.  This weekend I was able to head to sunny St. George with my friend Angie, who dodged her photo opportunity next to the lovely mural on the hotel wall.  Rude!  A picture next to this art could be worth something someday.

I of course research hotels a little before staying, but usually price wins.  I read the reviews. They were OK.  One read, "At first appeared to be clean, but upon further inspection was actually dirty."  I thought this was such a strange thing to say and wondered who would waste their time saying it.  I booked the hotel.

Honestly it wasn't that bad.  It appeared to be clean.  The beds were comfortable, and the hot tub worked.  That was good enough for me.  The paint job sucked!  Walls were randomly painted, and paint was everywhere.  It was pretty funny.
We especially liked the A/C unit that had not been caulked so you could actually see outside.  HOWEVER, someone was nice enough to stuff toilet paper in the cracks, at least most of the cracks.
Luckily there was not a fire, because we would have slept through it.  Apparently someone had 'disabled' the smoke alarm.  Oh well, who needs um anyways.
It was such a fun weekend, and so relaxing.  Just what I needed.  I even learned a little bit about the Jazz and watched part of a game.  Go BOOOOOZER!!! (Right, Angie?)
Sadly, upon further inspection, our hotel was indeed dirty.  

0 comments: