Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rotten pumpkin

I was going to post a picture of the nasty rotten pumpkin and my porch by decided against it. Instead I put a picture of me becuase it kinda looks the same.

Makenna just got mad at me and made me get rid of it. The rotten pumpkin that is. I have been watching it rot and wither for weeks now but just left it there. So not me!

I think I have kind of rotted right along with it. A few weeks back it started to sag a little. Next I saw some wrinkles, and recently it has started to ooze some foul rotten pumpkin goo onto my porch. Just today that goo made its way down some stairs. I guess that was the final straw for my daughter, and it should have been for me too.

See that last little while I have not been myself. I have been cooped up, just sitting around like the pumpkin on my porch. There has been so much going on and so much that I have needed to do but instead I have just been perched, like a pumpkin on the porch.

********

I started with my leg. The doctors orders to quit moving. That is when it began. I started to sag a little (literally) and with that sagging I got a little nasty. Not so nasty that anyone could see it, but just nasty enough for me to see that I should probably be moved. I was a little testy!

Then came the added stress of Thanksgiving, trying to make it all perfect, and right about then I started to wrinkle a little. No one seemed to notice the sag or the wrinkle other than me, and some even thought I had pulled it off perfectly. I was not happy with my Green Bean Casserole. It threw me off. I prefer perfection and they didn't cut it.

Speaking of being thrown off, right then in the midst of the madness my hip got thrown out and it pinched a nerve. It hurt like a beast! Really I have never seen such pain. I couldn't sleep or sit. I needed the Chiropractor, but of course he wasn't open. Right then I started to look kind of nasty. It was noticeable.

Somewhere between unable to move because of my leg, but unable to sit, and for sure unable to sleep I started to ooze. A few rough days of oozing.

Finally my hip is fixed, I sleep great at night, and I sit. I sit a lot. Sitting is not good for me. I prefer to run. I like to be moving and busy and crazy. I don't like to have time to ooze and get nasty. I like to take my frustrations out on the road and not on people and for sure not on my public blog.

The pumpkin is in the garbage. If it wasn't so cold I would probably get in there with it and we cold rot together. But I hate the cold... and the stinky garbage. And more than anything I hate that I am writing this and that I have time to.

So there you have it. I have officially become a weird, whiny, rotten pumpkin that just sits and has time to complain and show the world how nasty I am getting.

If you see me running before the 8 weeks are up this is why. It was either run or have my family put me in the trash.

I can say this. When I do finally move it is going to be awesome, and the only thing rotten will be the fact that I am totally out of shape.

0 comments: