Friday, February 6, 2009

Diamond Heist.

Coren is a thief.  It used to not be such a big deal... a pack of gum here, some candy there, but now he has really outdone himself.  He stole his first major item.  A diamond ring.  
I wish that I could say I was joking, but I am not.  Luckily, the ring was recovered and returned to its owner, but not until there was some major drama that will hopefully stop this criminal in his tracks next time he decides to rob someone, or before he gets me landed in jail!
After a night at Grandma and Grandpa's, Coren gets home and starts to unpack his suitcase.  Next thing I know he pulls out a ring, and gives it to me (OK that part was nice) as a gift.  I asked him where he got it (I knew it was my Mom's) and he said that he just found it in his suitcase.  Amateur!  I of course knew better.  Somehow I got sidetracked, and forgot about it for a day.  I get busy, what can I say?   Then a day or two or three later, I saw it sitting on my nightstand and I called him on it.
He held tight to his story of it just appearing there, but being the bully detective I am, I was able to break him.  Finally, he admitted that he found it on her counter and put it in his bag.  He was sad.  He cried and cried, and was so sorry.  At least so he said.  So, I decided to take it a step further, just to teach him a huge lesson (as I have had to do before, he is a thief I tell you a THIEF) and told him that he had to call Grandma to apologize.
He fell to the ground and could hardly breathe.  He screamed and cried.  I dialed and held the phone up to him.  He said "Sorry" and then just sobbed.  My Mom felt SO bad for him and was telling him it was OK and being really nice to him.  She was trying to find out what in the heck was going on and why he was crying.  Finally I explained that he had stolen her ring.  He still cried and wouldn't talk.  It is funny how the Grandparents feel so bad for HIM.  My Mom felt bad, and then when she told my Dad he felt bad too and said how cute Coren is.  The little criminal.  Its always the cute and innocent ones!
The next day we brought the ring to lunch and he gave it to her without a word.  He was really embarrassed.  I hope that he stealing days are over!  Will he ever learn?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny story! He is a cute kid. :)

Isaac and Dallas said...

Tell Coren he can come to my house any day. J/k. That is a pretty funny story, but you have to teach them a lesson. I hope that scared him enough. What a funny kid.