Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oh what a feelin'!

Today I came out of a deep depression...
       And I didn't even know that I was depressed!

It was so nice out today that I took advantage of the kids being in school and went for a run.  As I started to run, I noticed that I wasn't very cold.  It was weird.  Then I noticed that the sun was beating down on me, and that it felt SO nice!  I was having such a great time running, that I just kept going, and going.

All, of the sudden I had this moment.  One of those light bulb moments when it just hits you like a ton of bricks.  Here is the conversation I had in my head.  Don't worry, I am not crazy.

"WOW, this is amazing.  I could run forever.  I feel like a new person.  Was I depressed before?  Maybe I was depressed and I just came out of it!  That is great!  I think that I must have been in the house way to much lately, and now I am starting this new chapter of life that is depression free.  Funny, I never felt depressed, but I MUST have been because I feel so much better now.  Dad did say today that the Robin's are out and that is a good sign.  I need to spread this spring cheer.  (At this point I start waving to people and saying HI in my cheeriest voice as I pass them.)  I feel like I am in a one girl parade.  Too bad I don't have candy to throw out.  A day like this needs some candy.  I am so glad that I am out of that depression.  Weird I didn't know I was depressed, but OK!  I better tell Steve that I am not depressed anymore.  He will be so happy.  I better tell everyone.  I better blog about it!!!"

After looking back on this I realize that I was having a great run and enjoying the amazing weather, and that I was never really depressed, just having a HUGE runners high, but it was so therapeutic that I don't even care.  I am so excited for spring!!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

ditto to the can't wait for spring and the runners high bit...
I Love the sun being out!

Great post!

Ann Johns said...

I think we can all feel a little depressed in the winter. Because of work I wouldn't even see the sun on some days. Thank goodness it is almost Spring!