Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kid stuff.

Makenna has been into decorating her room lately.  She found this giant flower lamp, and it is the greatest lamp ever!  She loves it so much because it helps her to sneak in reading when she is supposed to be asleep!  Naughty!  And, my favorite part is that she shines it right on her face while she sleeps.  Cozy!
Last night Steve walked in the door from work and found Coren.
"Hey bud, you need to make sure that you don't park your bike where I park my truck because I might not see it and I could run over it.
Coren got the most terrified look on his face (he loves his bike more than anything!) and he just sat there for a second.  Then he said quietly, "Did it POP?"
"No, it didn't, but you need to make sure that you park it away from the cars so that it stays safe."
A second later I look over at Coren and his bottom lip starts to quiver and then he just breaks down crying.  He was crying so hard he couldn't breathe.  Steve runs over and grabs him and takes him out to see his bike.  It was in one piece.  Once they examined it, he was OK and calmed down.  

I think that Coren is defiantly going to follow in his Dad's footsteps when it comes to his bike.

0 comments: