Thursday, May 7, 2009

It is not very often that a miracle happens.  This week I have witnessed two.

My Mom has been battling breast cancer for many years now.  Recently a large tumor grew in her liver.  After lots of chemotherapy, the tumor shrunk down small enough that the doctors were going to be able to go into her liver, and preform a surgery that would hopefully get rid of the tumor.  Prior to surgery, they had her go in and get a pet scan to see what they were dealing with.  To all of our surprise, her pet scan came back negative which means that her body does not have any active cancer.  This is the best news that we could have received, and caught everyone off guard.  It is truly a miracle.  We are all pretty happy people right now!
                                                               ********
My BFF Emily has been trying to get pregnant for five years.  It has been really hard watching her struggle each month just hoping for a miracle.  Saturday night she walked through my front door with a terrified look on her face.  She handed me a pregnancy test with TWO LINES on it and said, "feel my heart, it is beating out of my chest... what does this mean?" 
"You're Pregnant!" I yelled.  It was a miracle.

These miracles happened to the two people I know that deserve them most.  It is a good reminder to never give up, and that our prayers can be answered.

4 comments:

amy said...

that is seriously so awesome!!! I was shocked, but it a good way. I keep getting teary eyed thinking about it. I can only imagine how you guys feel!!!!

Taylor Family said...

NO WAY!!! SHE IS PREGNANT!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!! I have chills all over! And congratulations about your mom!!! That is amazing.

dennisandsong said...

SOOOO wonderful!! I am SO happy for your mom and your family, what a relief! I don't know Emily but that is very exciting. I would have been institutionalized if I had to wait for 5 years!!

Mama Snow said...

I have missed a lot of good news. Those are both great things. I am so happy for your family and emily. You need to call me more about these things.