Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to school!!

I was close to being ready for school to start but not all the way there yet.  We had such a fun summer together, and there was still more I wanted to do.  Morning came fast, and I was woken up by Steve singing some beach boys song as loud as he could in the shower.  It was not a very good start to my day!!  Too much energy for a tired person to handle.

As I started to get up I heard Kenna and Carson talking.  They had already gotten up and were all dressed for school.  They were so excited.

As soon as we got to school Kenna ran off and found her friends.  She came back and gave us a hug, and said she would see us after school.  Carson found the first grade area, and found some friends too.  I looked around and all of the kids had these little paper dolls in their hands.  The kids got them on back to school night and were told to decorate them like themselves and bring them on the first day.  Carson insisted on making his himself, and just drew on some clothes and a little blonde hair.  Well, all of the other kids had theirs decked out.  They had fabric and everything.  I went up to Carson worried that he was sad because his was so plain and told him that if he wanted we could take his home and put some clothes on it.  He looked at me funny and said, "Mine does have clothes on it!"  I am glad that he is so confident and isn't a follower.
I was sad to leave them both there for a full day, but I am sure that I will start to enjoy some free time, especially once Coren starts school.

1 comments:

Ann Johns said...

They look so cute! I can't believe how big they are!