Sunday, August 16, 2009

Backpackers!

We spent Friday night packing up Steve and the kids getting them ready for their first big backpacking adventure.  Steve and the kids have been so excited for the trip, and I have been so excited for my weekend alone!  A weekend alone... WOW!  What is that?

Steve got everyone packed and I made them model for me.  Coren got on his pack and fell over just getting ready for the picture... Is that a bad sign?
Coren carried his clothes, fishing pole, and his mat.
Carson had the heaviest pack with his clothes, Makennas clothes, his fishing pole and mat.
Kenna carried two sleeping bags, her mat, and her pole.


I didn't get a picture of Steve in his pack, but it was about the size of... Makenna.  I wish him luck!

I cannot wait to hear all about their big adventure.  I have enjoyed a fun and peaceful weekend.  Speaking of which, I need to go and enjoy some more.  They come home tomorrow!

1 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

Wow Steve is so brave. Three kids backpacking. That is super awesome for you. Enjoy your time alone.