Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hurricane

5am we met in front of my house to embark on our 16 mile journey.  The weather was great.  Cool, calm, and dark.  The route was my favorite, up to Daybreak Lake, around three times, and back home.

The 4 mile run to the lake us fun and uneventful, but without warning we were struck by strong winds, blowing at us from the North, just as we were about to head north.  It seemed like something out of a nightmare.  Being the tough runners we are (or pretended to be) we went on, at times moving our legs with all we had only to barely move.

Quickly the black skies brought thunder and lightening, and of course rain.  The wind was pounding the rain onto my face, and it HURT!  At one point Craig commented that it was like a facial... obviously he has never had a facial.  They are quiet nice, this was not!

The cold weather numbed my body, and I was cold.  But on we went, like a trio of brave Pioneers looking for the promised land (that would be home).

As the sun was trying to make its way through the clouds, I looked down and remembered that I had on a white shirt.  GREAT!  I suddenly felt like I was in the middle of a wet tee-shirt contest.  And, to make it worse, my running partners were both guys.  How embarrassing!

We (Craig, Clint and I) conquered the run, and arrived home soaked from head to toe.  It was a new adventure in running.  Kind of fun, but something I never need to do again.  Oh and did I mention that my poor little toe is now one big blister?  

2 comments:

Laurie N' Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie N' Craig said...

For once you didnt stretch the truth with your evil exaggerations... good job : >. where was the plam tree? i must have missed that.. glad that was our 16 mile run.. my shoes r still wet.