Monday, August 3, 2009

Let's talk about...

SEX?

Yes, this was the topic of conversation this weekend at our house.  It all started Saturday night when just before bedtime Makenna looked at me and Steve and said, "No sex tonight!"  Then Carson looked all confused and asked, "Sex??!!??"  Makenna told him to be quiet and not to say THAT word!  So Carson starts to chant SeX sex SEX sex SEx SEX.....

Finally Carson looked at Kenna and said, "What is sex anyways?"
"Carson sex is when two people lay there naked and make out."
Carson and Coren started to giggle.  We tucked them into bed and just then Carson looked at us and said, "So who is on top and who is on bottom?"  

Then Sunday night as we were again tucking them into bed Carson had a big smile and said, "Are you guys going to SEX IT tonight?  You should"  

"I hope!" Steve said.

"Did you sex it last night?  Cause I heard you go into the basement." Carson said like he had it all figured out.

Makenna started to freak out and said it was time for us to give her the sex talk.  She said that all her friends were getting it.  OF COUSE, Carson and Coren insisted that they get the talk as well so we sat them all down and laid it out there.  What else is there to do on a Sunday night at 11?  The whole time we kept asking if they had any questions, and Coren would raise his hand.  Then he would say, "Oh, I forgot!"  Makenna asked, "So how often do you do this?  Like once a month?"

I am telling you, are kids are crazy!  

8 comments:

Andie said...

It was bound to happen sometime... I think you handled it well. Better than keeping your kids in the dark until their friends fill them in. :)

dennisandsong said...

Did you use the book? Will was all confused the other day about someone that had a baby without being married. He couldn't figure it out. I just changed the subject, but think next time he might not be so easily distracted. I mean he is only 7!! Anyway, I might need the book myself soon.

amelia said...

i can't believe it! were you dying? i think i'd pass out cold or hyperventilate from the shock! i guess if they're interested, it's better to dispel the curiosity! craziness! way to be parents!

love bug momma said...

THAT is hilarious!!! PS. My girls can't play with the boys for a while...till they forget everything!! j/k :>

Mare said...

Thanks for sharing - we hit that talk a year or so ago, but I think they forgot everything...I'm waiting for it to appear in conversation again. It's great to see how others deal with it!

Clint and Shari said...

So did you sex it?? Now in the basement, too!!!

I am going to send my boys down to your house when they need the talk! Thanks for the laugh

Isaac and Dallas said...

I am so not looking forward for those talks. Good thing you were able to do it all at once and get it over with. Too funny

Kim said...

What better way to spend Sunday night? Love the basement comment! Kids are funny!