Sunday, August 10, 2008

Am I crazy?

Sometimes I do the craziest things.  While I am doing them I am thinking...'What am I doing?'  I just get these crazy ideas and sometimes forget to think about what they will really be like.

Saturday I had to do a long run.  Fifteen miles to be exact.  Because we went camping, I wasn't able to go in the morning, so I decided that I would go in the evening.  I got sick of waiting around for evening to come, and after the skies got black and the rain started to move in, I got a brilliant idea.

Why not just go to the gym in the theater room and watch a movie and run 15 miles on the TREADMILL?  And with that, I was off.

The most that I have ever ran on the treadmill is probably 8 miles.  Why?  Because that is all that I can stand!  So why I thought that 15 would work out is just beyond me.

Steve and I arrived at the gym and I first jumped on the scale.  No surprise, the same weight that I am every day of my life.  I can work my butt off, never eat, and no change.  Oh well.  I figured that it would be interesting to see how much weight I would sweat out over the next two hours.  We walked into the theater room, and I got things set-up.  I set the treadmill to a 1.0 incline and put myself at an 8.5 minute mile.  I tried to act excited that 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' was playing, but let's face it, I have never seen that movie for a reason.  I started to run... and I ran... and ran... and ran.  

Occasionally, I would get so into watching the movie, and I would forget that I was running.  Next thing I knew I was almost falling off of the treadmill and there would be a loud BANG!  That was me trying to save myself.  It was a little embarrassing, but oh well, I really didn't care.  I am sure that people thought that I was a complete FREAK, and they were RIGHT!

Two long hours later I was done.  My legs were sore and I stumbled to the scale.  I was trying to guess how much I weighed.  I calculated in the Gatorade I had drank, that fact that I was completely soaked in sweat, and guessed that I had lost maybe two pounds.  I got on and I had lost EXACTLY two pounds.

I will hopefully never run 15 miles on a treadmill again.  If I do, I will choose a really good movie.  I am however very glad that I did it, and if I ever need to sweat off two pounds again, I will know what to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! You are crazy!! I can only last about 30 minutes on a treadmill before the pain and boredom gets to me, and I'm pretty sure that in that 30 minutes that I've only made it about 3 miles. So... maybe a little crazy, but also pretty awesome! Go Brandi!!

Brooke Jesus said...

I relized you were crazy when that poor McDonalds boys asked you "to stay or to go?" and you replied "to stay or to go!"

Mandy said...

you're crazy. I could NEVER do that.