Saturday, August 23, 2008

I've been shot!

When I think of funny, yet sad things that I have seen in my life, this one tops my list.  I never want to forget this, so I think that I need to write it down.  Don't get mad Brooke, it's funny now, you have to admit!

It happened about 6 years ago at my parents house.  We were all over for Sunday dinner.  It must have been winter because my sister was warming some water in the microwave for tea or something.  

She put the mug of water in the microwave and was standing with her face next the microwave door.  I guess she was just watching it to see when it was ready.  All of the sudden, the water exploded (I don't know how) and the force was so strong that the door of the microwave flew open.  When it flew open it made a huge noise and the door hit her in the face.

All of the sudden she screams, "I've been shot!"
She then covers her eyes and says, "Am I blind?  Can I see?  Am I blind???!!!???"
                       She then starts to run, scream, and cry.

I remember wondering, "Who would have shot her, what is she thinking?"  I wanted to laugh, but I also felt so bad for her.  I am sure that she was embarrassed.  It was just one of those moments.  One that I cannot think about without laughing out loud.

1 comments:

Brooke Jesus said...

How could you ever forget that? My biggest fear in life is getting shot, and I thought for sure I was dead! That was FREAKY!! I laugh thinking about it, but seriously, they should warn people about phsyco microwaves that fly open from a cup of hot water!!!