Friday, December 19, 2008

OH MY GOSH!

The other day after running on the treadmill I walked past the office and noticed that the computer screen looked really strange.  As I walked towards it I kept praying that there wasn't something wrong.  WELL, there was.  I yelled for Coren who was the last one in there, and he came in crying like crazy.  He confessed that he dropped the laptop.  I froze.  All I thought was 
1)He is dead
2) There goes $1200
3) Crap, now I don't have a computer
I called Steve who was very nice and told me to go and get a new computer.  He said, "That thing is your life, you need one." 
 I was sad to find out that anything I was going to get was going to be way worse than my old computer.  Just as I was about to buy a new one, I had this brilliant thought.  I went up to the guy and asked, "Can I just plug a monitor into my laptop and see if that works."  I was so happy when he said yes.
I got a monitor as Costco, and came home and plugged it in.  The computer was stuck on my background, and nothing worked.  I tried to re-boot, and nothing.  Then, I ran my hand across the keyboard, and VOILA!  It worked.
I am a genius.  Or not!
So, my laptop screen is broken, and will cost over $1000 to fix, so that isn't happening, but I have a new monitor.  Oh, and Coren is still living, just spending a lot of time doing chores!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have cried!! Did you cry??!! At least you figured out a cheap(er) fix!

Brandi Johns said...

I did shed some tears. We were both crying, it was a bad day!