Monday, May 5, 2008

Brutal honesty

Last night after we put the kids to bed, Steve and I decided that would would have a 'sing star' competition.  If you don't know what sing star is, you are missing out on some great fun!  Sing star is a game on PlayStation 3 that is kind of like karaoke.  Basically you choose your song and sing away and the game tells you how well you did.

We decided that the best of 7 was the winner and began to compete.  We had it on a setting where we both sang at the same time and you could see the score as you singing, so of course, it was pretty intense.  The songs started out quiet, because the kids were in bed, but as the night went on, we kept turning it up louder and louder.  Eventually we were singing and dancing our hearts out, and both losing our voices.

After an hour I was the winner and thanked all of my fans for their support.  Then we went into Makenna's room.  She just gave us this dirty look and acted like she was in pain or something.  I asked her who SHE thought was the best and she said in all seriousness, "You both SUCK!"  

I looked at Steve and said, "I thought you sounded really good, did I sound good?"  "Oh yeah, You sounded great," he said.  We were so confused!  The truth hurts!!!  I guess we will have to practice more often, or maybe we can use our singing as a form of punishment.  We would have the most well behaved kids EVER!

**I do need to point out that this morning Carson said that he heard us singing crazy last night.  He said that we sounded really good, especially when we sang 'Skater Boy' and Coren said that Mom sounded the best...sorry Steve!**

1 comments:

Rosies said...

That is soo funny! I can totally see you two rockin out together! I love it!