Saturday, May 10, 2008

Race for the Cure!

We were able to go this morning and race for the cure for breast cancer, with my Mom who is fighting cancer, my Aunt Sheri, and our family.  We, along with 17,000 other people had a great time walking the streets of Salt Lake for a great cause, one that is very important to us.  Our stroller sat empty as the boys felt the spirit of the race and wanted to walk.  Carson's goal was to walk the entire race, and he did a great job, especially considering that he was sick.  Makenna and Mom tried to run, but there were so many people we only made it about a mile.  We could have ran more, we just couldn't move!  Next year Makenna!

It was great to start off Mother's Day weekend with my Mom and my kids, and I hope that this 11 year tradition will continue for many years to come.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so neat that you all did the Walk for the Cure. Your mom is such a strong women as well to have such strength after all she has been through. Way to go John's Family!

Kara said...

Brandi! How the heck are you!? It was so fun seeing you at Tanya's shower! That's awesome you did the Walk for the Cure. What an amazing adventure! Best of luck with your mom, she's a strong women! I'm going to add your blog link to mine! Hope it's ok!! Take care! And we need to do lunch!!!

Dave Anderson said...

Fun! I wish I could have gone. I miss going. I do ours in October, but the company just isn't the same!