Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The muffin in the mirror.

A very horrible thing happened to me, and I am taking immediate and drastic action to get this problem fixed now, and fixed for forever.  

Imagine this for a minute...the muffin to the left is not the delicious
 looking treat that it may appear to be, but it is actually the body of someone who has not been very active for the last month or so.

The paper baking cup is her legs in the fitted shorts she finally pulled out as she was so excited for the warm weather.  The 'muffin top' is the fat that oozed out of those shorts creating a very disturbing image for all of those that came running to the shrieks and shrills she belted out in front of the mirror.  Everyone was alarmed, confused, and very frightened.

Like the muffin above, this muffin was not one that any sane person would sink their teeth into. Instead, her family gathered round and poked their fingers into the muffin top, and searched for words of hope, encouragement, and of course understanding.  She could not be comforted and vowed to a life free of sugar, full of veggies, and packed with daily exercise!

You see, the woman that I am talking about almost took her life that day.  Extreme?  Maybe! How can months of hard work to stay fit be so easily erased?  How can overeating and sitting around do this so quickly?  It's sick, very sick, and it has to stop.

To all of the women (and men) out there that have beat the bulging muffin I HATE YOU, and to those that are like me, fighting to not look like the pastries that we love so much, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!  I am going to work hard at this, and some day my muffin top will be a thing of the past, and hopefully, next time someone hears my screams they will be those of joy as I look in the mirror and see a spaghetti noodle staring back at me.

2 comments:

Britta said...

What a hilarious way to look at it! I laughed out loud. I was starting to get some muscle in my abs, along with some nice hints of flattening. And then I stopped nursing. Over the last 3 weeks or so, I've started noticing my stomach going the opposite direction. When you find a healthy snack to replace the junk I really want to eat as soon as the kids go to bed, please share!

Clint and Shari said...

Thanks for making me laugh. You are nuts! Once this woman finds a way to get rid of the muffin top, please pass the secret on.

I am glad that I found your blog. Thanks for all of the laughs last night with the girls.