Friday, September 12, 2008

And then, they ate!




I arrived home from a very long and exhausting Saturday morning run.  It was pretty early and I was amazed that the kids were already up and at it.  Little did I know, they had already made breakfast!

Makenna greeted me and let me know in her most excited voice that she had made breakfast for her and the boys.  A little panic set in when I pictured the kitchen, but I was way too tired to care.


She proceeded to tell me that she made a giant pancake, and then I saw the kitchen.  It just so happened that the kitchen also looked like a giant pancake.  She even took pictures of the entire event so that I could see what they had done.  Brave if you ask me.

She continued. "Once the batter was made we poured it on the skillet until it was all of the way covered.  We realized that turning it would be impossible, so we cut it into a bunch of pieces."

I was a nice Mom that day and told them all that they had done a great job.  I didn't even make them clean it up.  Looking back, they probably were incapable of cleaning the disaster up anyways!

Then, it was time to see the actual meal.  "UM WOW, YUM!  IT IS FLOATING..." was all I could say.  It was a really sick sight.  I think they all gained 20 pounds that meal.  By some miracle, no one puked!


3 comments:

Walter Family said...

That is so cute that they did that! I love what you said to them about it - "It is floating..." LOL! I can only imagine the mess though!

Isaac and Dallas said...

Dude that looks so good. Tell them I want them to invite us over next time they cook. We are always down for some good food. Not

Mandy said...

OH my gosh, a floating pancake! What awesome kids! Thought that counts right? They're cute