Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A little crazy.

So some days I go just a little crazy.  I know, shocking!   My first instinct is to complain about it.  Pretty much to anyone who will listen.  HOWEVER, I hate to be a complainer, so by default, Steve gets to listen.  He is obligated by marriage, poor guy.  So, in the midst of my insanity I sit down and send him an email.  It is a great way to vent.  Generally I get a concerned phone call, asking if I am OK, and if the kids are OK.  (I would never kill them, just injure them... what kind of animal do you think I am?)

When he doesn't call, I get an email back.  They always make me laugh, and because of them I can generally go on with life until he gets home to rescue me.  

Here is an example of my rants:

Steve,

I am writing to let you know that I am heading for a breakdown.  Here are a few reasons why:

-You think that Amanda is more beautiful than me. :)
Inside joke about a TV show girl who says "LIKE" all the time
-You refuse to admit that I am fat
-You stink                             
I threw that in there to scare him!
-Makenna has stinky feet that make the whole house stink
-I can't keep the house clean
And last but defiantly not least..........

Your charming sons cut up their new pajamas last night...YUP, they just took scissors to them and started cutting.  Coren even has a cut on his stomach!
They are in deep trouble.

So as you can see, it is a dang good thing that I am getting a break tonight.

I love you,
Crazy

Here was my response, which of course made me laugh!

Dear Crazy,

We all have hard times.  Amanda is equally as beautiful as you, not more beautiful than you.  And you, like, are so much more personable than she is.  I refuse to admit that you are fat because I refuse to jeopardize my morals by lying.  I don't know why I stink.  Can you elaborate?  Is it B.O.?  Swass?  Makenna does have some rank feet.  Can you get her some anti-odor stuff?  You do a great job keeping the house clean.  Especially considering you have four tyrants to stay in front of.  Lastly, pajamas can be replaced.  Pictures of the evidence of their mischievousness cannot, so just smile it off.  You will survive today and have fun tonight and be able to get right back to it tomorrow.

Somebody loves you crazy... remember that.

So the moral of my story.  If you, like me, are headed for a breakdown... find a reason to laugh, and you will feel so much better.  THE END!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that way ALL the time! It's all the little things that build up and make me crazy too. I love the letter, and even more than that, I love Steve's response. That is so sweet of him. You're lucky you have a guy who will help you laugh through those rough moments of looniness.

Clint and Shari said...

I love Steve's response to your letter. What exactly is swass anyways? You guys make me laugh. Thanks I feel better already.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha...Swass...Ha Ha Ha...

Kara said...

ok can i just say that all your posts make me laugh. ha ha ...i love how you write!

Clint and Shari said...

Love the word though!

Walter Family said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who vents to my husband during the day! Poor Mike, though, we're always on IM together so he hears about EVERYTHING! Steve's email back was great!

Brad and Marci said...

I think this post is my new way to find a laugh. Nice job stinky hubby!

Tanya said...

Ok Brandi....I just barely learned what SWASS was last night so your post made me laugh extra hard.

dennisandsong said...

I think SWASS is a Johns' word, Dennis uses it all the time, I was shocked so many didn't know what it was!
I am glad you have a great husband to make you laugh. It makes life so much more fun and easy to get through!
Can't wait to see you guys this week - end to work on the "sex" book!! You have my friends and other family members thinking I have some secret life now!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll email Steve on my crazy days to cheer myself up. He'll be hearing from me a lot.

Swass??!!? Oh great, it looks like my husband has learned a new word! :)

Kim said...

That is so great that Steve can help make light of a situation!! Hope you are having a better day. Did you get any pics of the cut up jammies?