Monday, September 15, 2008

BUSY BEE'S

We have been waiting and waiting for this day to come.  Finally, Coren had his first day at
Busy Bee's Preschool!

He has been so excited and we have been counting down the months, weeks, and days.  He was of course ready to go first thing this morning, but we had to wait until 11:45.  Finally it was time to go and he was all smiles.
He had a great first day of school and can't wait to go back tomorrow.  I am SO glad that he loved it.

His favorite thing is that the school is just down the street and so he gets to ride his bike.  He looked so big.  My baby is now a big boy.  Sad!
Today was just BUSY in general.  I have been dreading this day because I knew that it started more craziness in my life, but excited because I knew it would open up a few hours just for me each week.  Last night I laid in bed and thought of all of the things that I had to do today.  I barely found a way to fit it all in.  I forgot to plan for the unexpected, so imagine my surprise when my day ended up going like this.

7:30- Alarm goes off.  I was already awake and laying there lazy (as usual) and so I got out of bed.  I made sure that Kenna was up, and she was.  She was dressed and on her bed reading a book.  The one about the vampires.  I tried to get her to eat, but she wouldn't.  "You don't understand, Alice came back."  I went into the kitchen.  I glanced over at the brownies sitting on the oven.  MMMM, I cannot resist brownies.  I figured it was early in the day for brownies, and amazed myself with my one-time will power.  I passed up the brownies and went to the fridge for a glass of orange juice.  Sadly it was warm, which meant that the fridge was not working.  I didn't have time for this.  I took a deep breath and left to wake up the boys.

8:00- Finally got Makenna in the car.  Went and got the kids and drove the carpool to school.

8:30- Home.  Filled some bags with ice and put them in the fridge.  Felt the new thing of milk.  It was warm.  Took another deep breath.  Called a repair man.  They can come TOMORROW.  Another deep breath.

9:00- Started my run.  My leg has been hurting so bad.  The first two miles were so painful.  Then it went numb.  Last 4 miles were fine.

10:00- Finished eating a green pepper (yeah, I know, YUM) and jumped in the shower.  Got the boys in with me so that we could make it speedy.

11:00- Fed the kids and thought about how I could eat more bananas to help my leg.  Only problem is that I HATE bananas.

11:30- Time for preschool.  Took some pictures and then dropped him off.

12:00- Took Carson to school.  I told him that it would be fun to have some time with just me and him.  He told me to turn on a movie.

12:20- Arrived at WalMart to buy ice for the fridge.  Picked up some fruit to add to my bananas to make a smoothie and went to the car.  Realized I forgot the ice and went back in.

1:00- Got home with the ice and put it in the fridge.  Ate a smoothie.  Did some laundry.

2:00- Left to get Coren.  He came out and told me all about his wonderful day and how much he loves it.  That made me happy.

3:00- Left to pick up carpool.  Carpool kids said that they are going to a new school.  Great more driving for me. Hoped they were wrong.  (Luckily there Mom confirmed that this was a lie)

3:50- Finally got home and started homework when the phone rang.  It was Steve telling me that he might get transferred to Price because the Superintendent out there just found out that he has cancer and one month to live.  So, he may have to work out of town for a while and just come home on the weekends.  Deep breath.

4:30- My headache is getting worse.  The kids just went to play with friends, and I am finally able to have a minute to breathe.  What a day.  Now, I will go and make dinner and get the kids to bed because Steve has to work late.  

We are indeed busy bees!

0 comments: