Saturday, September 20, 2008

Utah on a box

Makenna came home from school and told me that they were doing a project with salt dough where they would make Utah.  She said to get her some cardboard.  So, I spent all of this time cutting the cardboard perfectly, and then even wrapping it in foil so that it would look nice.  I made it so that there would be about 1 inch on each side of Utah.  I told her to be really careful with the cardboard so that the edges didn't bend or so that the foil would not tear. 

The next day I pulled up to the school excited to see her project.

She walks up with this:
"Makenna, what happened to the cardboard I gave you?????!!!!???"
"Some kid had this and said I could use it."
"Well, does your teacher know that I sent you with cardboard, or does she think I am a big loser?"
"She knows."
"Well, that would have looked better on my cardboard you know?"
"What?  I like this."
"I don't.  I like the Utah part, but I do not like the cardboard at all!"
"MOM, you are so RUDE!"
"You are so rude not to use my cardboard.  That took tons of time, and looked really good.  Unlike the beastly box you have that on."
"Well, we could cut it."
"I decided that you are grounded."
"For a box?"
"Yes, for a box."
"NO!  Gosh, you are crazy.  Seriously."

Then we made up, and she got un-grounded.  Man, reading that makes me realize how mature I am. **However, just think of how nice it could have looked.  What a shame.**

1 comments:

Walter Family said...

That actually sounds like some conversations I have with Brayden! Ha ha! Kids just always have their own ideas of what THEY think is best, which is always beyond me! :)